Friday, February 29, 2008

"Path of The Storm" by Douglas Reeman

"Path of The Storm" by Douglas Reeman

"Hong Kong, 1960s ... The old submarine-chaser USS Hibiscus, re-fitting in a Hong Kong dockyard before being handed over to the Nationalist Chinese, is suddenly ordered to the desolate island group of Payenhau. For Captain Mark Gunnar - driven by the memory of his torture at the hands of Viet Cong guerillas - the new command is a chance to even the score against a ruthless, unrelenting enemy. But Payenhau is very different from his expectations, and as the weather worsens a crisis develops that Gunnar must face alone."


Well, I'd tried to read an Alexander Kent's novel before I came across this one. I hadn't liked it much. It had been something about tall ships etc, but this book captured my attention from the very first page. I'll pay more attentions to his work in future.

No comments: