Friday, February 29, 2008

"The Sigma Protocol" by Robert Ludlum

"The Sigma Protocol" by Robert Ludlum

"The intrigue begins with an American investment banker on vacation in Switzerland who suddenly finds himself the target of an assassin --- a man who had once been a childhood friend. As Ben Hartman is thrown into a race to survive, he begins to uncover evidence of a secret international group that turned the tragedies of World War II into profitable ventures. Sigma was a cooperative of powerful men representing both Allied and Nazi affiliations, and among the men pictured in a damning photograph stood Ben's father, a Jew and a Holocaust survivor. Determined to uncover the truth about his father, Ben soon finds that truth is a chameleon of many colors fading into the background and nearly impossible to distinguish."...(by Ann Bruns)

The review by Ann Bruns I quoted above is quite correct in my opinion. I have not read many Ludlum's books to be able to compare this one to others, but I did like THE SIGMA PROTOCOL. It provoked me to look up a couple of things in the Internet, which I consider as a positive sign.

No comments: